Are Paid Surveys Scams?
The answer to that question is both yes and no. Some of the companies that advertise that they will pay you to take online surveys are nothing but paid surveys scams. However, there are legitimate companies that WILL PAY you to take online surveys.
Can I get rich taking online paid surveys?
It is possible but not very likely. But, you can earn a very nice side income to help buy all the things you canít afford from your regular pay check. Legitimate survey companies are looking for specific demographics to take the surveys requested by their clients. For example, they may want single men between 30 and 40 or mothers of young children, etc. because their clients want to know what those specific people want to buy so they can tailor their advertising campaign to want that group is looking for in a product.
How can you spot these paid survey scams?
While they all use different ploys to get you to give them money or personal information, there are a few warning signs such as:
- They claim that you can make extremely large amounts of money.
- They provide no contact information because they donít want you to be able to find them
- You heard about them in a spam email. Legitimate companies do not normally spam people.
- They ask for your PayPal password. Legitimate companies WILL ask for your PayPal email address so they can pay you but they never ask for your password. The same goes for checking account numbers or any other financial information
- They ask for your date of birth or social security number. Legitimate companies will not ask for the year of your birth although they do sometimes ask for the day and month. Never give anyone your social security number or your full date of birth.